This used PRE SE Singlecut came in to our store from a local player and has several parts that have been upgraded. Some basic features include:
- Flame maple top and mahogany body
- Pattern wide thin profile with 25″ scale length
- Rosewood 22 fret fingerboard
- Upgraded with a DiMarzio LiquiFire DP227 and a Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro humbucker (Both original PRS pickups is included)
- Instrument weighs in right at 7 lbs.
- Aftermarket padded gig bag included
- Upgraded Kluson style Gibson tuning machines (All original tuning machines are included)
- Upgraded with aftermarket strap buttons
- The back of the neck has been sanded to create a matte finish
This particular instrument is used but in great shape. All of the functional parts are in perfect working condition and a few of the parts have been upgraded and customized. The original tuning machines have been upgraded with Kluson style Gibson Deluxe tuning machines which work perfectly. There are very slight signs of use on the frets but not major divots, and the finish on the back of the neck has been sanded off to create a smooth, matte finish. The pickups have been replaced with DiMarzio LiquiFire DP227 and a Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro humbucker, which sound great and work perfectly. There is no stickiness or scratchiness in the switch or the knobs.
Aesthetically, this guitar has been gigged but is in great shape. All of the chrome hardware is shiny and shows no signs of rust or corrosion. The fretboard itself shows minimal wear but has significant marks or divots. There is some light wear on the fingerboard but no damage, and there is some moderate wear around the body. There are one or two small dings on the corners of the headstock and a few small ones around the corners of the body, but none through the finish. There is some moderate scratching on the face from polishing and cleaning, and only one small mark on the face on the left shoulder. There is some moderate to noticeable buckle rash on the back with one or two significant scratches and three or four sizeable dings on the back, but none that go through the finish. Overall, this guitar is definitely a players guitar, and would make a great upgraded stage guitar for someone looking for a next level PRS without the cost.