The 1955 might best embody Michael Kelly’s commitment to delivering guitars that are inspired not by the production cookie-cutter models, but rather by the best boutique builders in the world. The first attribute that you will recognize as uniquely boutique is the real flame maple binding. Other unique touches like the mini-humbucker neck pickup, compound radius fingerboard, highly figured quilt maple and swamp ash body further separate the 1955 from those high volume production guitars. Sonically the Rockfield pickups are perfectly voiced for the 1955 model and each can be independently switched from humbucker to a traditional single coil tone with the GREAT 8 electronics mod. It delivers eight distinctive tonal options and all are just a simple click, push or pull away.
- Swamp ash body with a quilted maple top
- Modern C shape neck profile with 25.5″ scale length
- Pau ferro 22 fret fingerboard with compound 10.5″ to 16″ radius
- 43mm bone nut
- Comes equipped with GS-2 Single Coils
- Instrument weighs 6.5 lbs.